The holiday season is upon us and this year it's time to HOLIDAY YOUR WAY! We asked members of the OC family to share their favorite holiday recipes. Today, Pernille Skovbjerg of OC at Ace shares her grandmother's pebernødder recipe.
"Alright, here's my grandmothers recipe for pebernødder! I tried to Google Translate the recipe directly but it listed the main ingredient as peanuts! Rest assured, nut allergy sufferers, there are no nuts in this recipe—they are just delicious sugar cookies. I know my grandmother would be proud."—Pernille
1. On your countertop, chop the butter into little pieces and, using your hands, mix in the flour and sugar.
2. Add the egg and vanilla. Knead everything together to form a solid mass.
3. Roll the dough into long rods and put them in the fridge for a few hours.
4. Cut out pieces the size of a nickel and place on a baking sheet.
5. Bake at 200°C or 400°F until they appear golden. Cool off and enjoy!
Be sure to share your holiday photos, stories, and what's on your OC wishlist with #HolidayYourWay