Everyone's favorite OC columnist Lesley Arfin is back in effect for 2011.
For this edition of "Stuff I Love
," I wanted to discuss some of my favorite t-shirts. I have tons of great ones, but I noticed some themes happening in my collection.
1. Band Shirts: I have a shit-ton of band shirts. This Bikini Kill one is my favorite because Bikini Kill is my favorite band. It was given (loaned?) to me by my friend Allison, who introduced me to the band when I was in ninth grade. It's XL because, back then, bands didn't make shirts in girl sizes. Not even Bikini Kill. American Apparel wasn't invented yet, and it wasn't an option. The Guns N' Roses shirt I got in Thailand from a tourist stand. I don't think they realized how awesome this shirt was. And I also have a Soft Pack t-shirt. They're an L.A. band that fucking rules. I cut the sleeves off.
2. A Few More Band Shirts: I don't remember who gave me this Judge shirt, but it's super old-school hardcore. I love the Cat Power one because I love Cat Power, I got it at one of her shows.
3. Musical Shirts: I've mentioned my love of musicals before. A Chorus Line
are in my top five. I have a Cats
t-shirt but I don't love that musical so much, so I didn't include it. I wish I had a Rent
shirt, a West Side Story
shirt, and a Grease
shirt. Grease II
would be major, but I don't think it exists. I got the A Chorus Line
one at Stella Dallas and the Annie
one on eBay.
4. Sports Shirts: I'm not a sports nut, but I am a sports t-shirt nut. The Manute Bol was from a thrift store. It was $8. Now it's probably $8,000,000. The Jets shirt fits me perfectly, but am I Jets fan? Sure, why not? The one you can't really see just says "Lite Beer," which isn't a sport but... is it? It likes hanging out with this crew of t-shirts and didn't want to be separated. I got the Lite Beer one from my favorite store in L.A., Wasteland.
5. The X-Girl Shirt: I wish I had more. I used to have a bunch, but I got rid of them. Little did I know how coveted the X-Girl shirt would become. This one was actually found at Beacon's Closet, of all places.
6. Miscellaneous: I wasn't gonna add these, but I felt bad leaving them out. I love you t-shirts!
My New Year's resolution is to add to my ever-growing collection.
stuff i love
Stuff I Love